My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 20, 2009

post fundamentalist-traumatic syndrome

I was just talking to my 90 year old mother on the phone. I was telling her that some of my old friends seem to be wandering in a deep fog incapable of seeing night and day, high and low, right and wrong, good and evil. I suggested that this problem was linked to growing up in a strict, legalistic, repressive religious subculture and spending the rest of their life over reacting. I thanked my mother for not being that way. She told me that her parents were not that way. They moved around a lot and attended services at churches of different denominations in each location. The communities were small and they generally had little choice where to attend church. In Montana the pastor came to them, he was circuit rider.

More on this later --

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home