My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

girl sitting in the rain

I was a dark and stormy night ... well, anyway it was cold and raining and I was driving home about 7:30pm this evening and coming down my street I passed a teenage girl who was sitting at the top of a steep driveway on the pavement wearing running shorts and a sweatshirt with the hood up with her arms around her legs and her knees pulled up under her chin ... you know the look. It was 45 degrees Fahrenheit and raining and getting on toward dusk. Why was she sitting there? I didn't ask. Perhaps she was waiting for someone.

I have been driving this street on and off for fifty years. I have never seen this sight before. It struck me as a mixture of pathetic and strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home